The scholarship program offered by the Romanian state,
through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to foreign citizens,
based on G.D. 288/1993, for the academic year 2018 - 2019
1. General conditions for awarding scholarships
Number of scholarships: 85 scholarships for under- and post-graduate studies in Romania, by means of selection of application files, organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research (hereafter, MNE), in keeping with Romanian current legislation.
- Foreign citizens coming from all the states of the world, except for EU member states. Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighboring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programs.
- The applicant for the scholarship must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not request or did not obtain a form of protection in Romania, is not a stateless person whose residence on Romanian territory is officially recognized according to the law, is not a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania, has not benefited from a scholarship from the Romanian state on the same course of study.
- The applicant for the scholarship must present study papers issued by accredited/recognized educational institutions, have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the "Good" score, as the case.
- The applicant for the scholarship has not, until 31 December of the year in which he / she was nominated, more than 35 years of age - for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively - for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies, including health field.
2. Steps to submit the application files
Application files must be submitted through diplomatic missions. Application files submitted by post or directly to the MFA or to the MNE, as well as application files received after the announced deadline will not be taken into consideration.
3. Enrolment Calendar
The registration period begins on 15 December 2017. The deadline for submitting the application files to the Embassy of Romania in Austria is 2 March 2018.
For more information, please see: http://www.mae.ro/en/node/10251